Fitness tips for women – what to do if you’re over 40 and want to lose weight.
Losing weight at any age is hard, but it’s especially difficult when you’re older. As we age, our metabolism slows down, our energy levels decrease and our bones become more fragile. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
As women, we have more options than men when it comes to fitness and dieting. We can work out in the gym or go hiking. We can eat healthy foods like salads, fresh fruits and vegetables. And we can even try some new exercises.
Here are some fitness tips for women over 40 that will help you get in shape.
1. Get moving! Exercise is one of the best ways to maintain a healthy body. It’s also a great way to get rid of excess pounds. You don’t need to join a gym or take expensive classes. Just walk around the block a few times each day, play a sport with your kids or volunteer at your local animal shelter.
2. Eat healthy. Eating well is important for any woman, but especially for those who are over 40. Don’t rely on snacks and fast food. Instead, choose fresh fruit and vegetables as snacks and include them in every meal. When you cook, prepare meals using lean proteins like chicken and fish and make sure you get plenty of fiber in your diet.
3. Be active. If you’ve been sedentary all your life, it’s going to take some time to get back into shape. Start slowly by taking walks during the day. If you can’t walk outside, use the stairs instead of the elevator. You may even want to start a simple workout routine. Take up yoga or Pilates, or join a gym.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. Sleeping is very important to overall health. You’ll need enough rest to allow your body to repair itself and release toxins. A good night’s sleep is also important for your mental health. Try to get 7 hours of sleep each night.
5. Reduce stress. Stress can lead to overeating and weight gain. Try to relax, exercise and take time to enjoy yourself.
6. Find a good support group. A friend or family member who’s willing to listen to you and encourage you can be a huge help.
7. Be realistic. Losing weight isn’t easy, but it can be done. Your age shouldn’t be an excuse for not getting in shape.
8. Keep a positive attitude. You don’t have to feel like a failure if you haven’t lost weight after years of trying. Remember, this is only temporary. With time, you’ll reach your goal.