As the summer comes to an end, it is time for us to start thinking about getting our children ready for the upcoming school year. This can be a difficult task as we need to keep up with their health and well being while at the same time trying to prepare them for the rigors of the academic environment. The good news is that there are some great tips that will help you get your kids ready for the new school year.
1. Have a healthy breakfast. You may think that this is something that you do not have to worry about but it is very important. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day and if you skip it then you are putting your child at risk for poor health and weight gain.
2. Get your child involved in physical activity. It is not enough to simply tell them to go outside and play. You need to make sure that they are doing things like running around and jumping on trampolines. This will not only keep them active but it will also help them stay in shape.
3. Be sure to talk to your child’s teacher about what type of activities they will be participating in. This way you can make sure that your child has the proper gear that they will need to participate in these activities. If you do not ask then you might find yourself having to buy something that you did not plan on purchasing.
4. Talk to your child about how they are feeling and if they are experiencing any problems. If they are not talking to you about this then you should probably take them to see a doctor.
5. Make sure that your child does not have a lot of junk food in their house. This is especially true if you are planning on sending them to school. Many schools will have strict rules about what types of foods that are allowed in the cafeteria.
6. Try to make sure that your child gets plenty of sleep. This is especially true if they are going to be going to school for the first time. They need to be rested so that they can concentrate on their studies.
7. Make sure that you keep up with their schedule. You should make sure that you know what days they have off from school and when they are going to be taking tests. You should also know what days they have PE classes and what days they are going to be working on homework.
8. If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD then you should try to make sure that they are getting the proper medication. There are many medications that can help them to focus on their studies.